The study of Wood Technology at junior cycle aims to:
- enable students to develop the necessary conceptual understanding, disciplinary skills and subject knowledge to design and create artefacts of value
- empower students through designing and making, whilst developing an awareness of sustainability and the use of natural resources
- develop a range of core design skills and relevant manipulation skills through modelling and processing wood and other materials
- develop the confidence and resilience of students through engagement with the uncertainty of design challenges
- encourage students’ innovation and creativity through recognition and appreciation of their capacity to design and create.